Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Are the Punjab Technical University Programs/Courses approved by UGC?
Distance Education Program of Punjab Technical University (PTU) was given recognition till year 2007 and provisional recognition for another period of one year vide DEC letter No.DEC/PTU/PB/07 dated 29/8/2007. PTU was later accorded regular approval by the Distance Education Council after the recommendations of the Joint Committee of UGC-AICTE-DEC to offer Distance Education Programs across the country as per the provisions of its acts for the next three academic years i.e. from 2009-10 to 2011-2012 vide their letter No F.No. DEC/2010/6925 dated 26/3/2010. The latest approval has been given by UGC vide letter no. UGC/DEB/PTU/PUN/2012 dated 06.08.2014.
- 2. What is the concept of Study Centre and Registration Centre?
Registration Center is an authorized contact center for students in order to complete the Registration process. The selected Registration Center will guide the respective student about the admission procedure and will be one-stop platform for all non-academic matters like issue of Identity Cards, DMCs, Degrees, etc.
Study Center is the center where Personal Contact Program (PCP) will be held: You can attend PCP at Study Center and avail all academic related facilities. It offers facilities like library, career counseling; study through latest teaching aids by our highly qualified faculty and experience regular college like environment.
- 3. Is it mandatory to attend classes in the Digital Learning Program?
While there is no minimum requirement for attendance in theory sessions, 75% attendance is mandatory in practical/lab sessions. In case of any shortfall in attendance, the University may not allow the student to appear in the semester end exams.
- 4. Can I enroll for two degree Programs simultaneously in the University?
- 5. What is the registration procedure? Where can I register?
You can register online through the website or at any of the registration centers. List is provided on the website. For more details on the process please click: http://edvantage.ptu.ac.in/admission-process.php
- 6. Can I take admission any time during the year?
We accept admissions twice a year, one for the January session and second for July session. In order to check the admission dates for these two sessions, we request you to visit our website www.edvantage.ptu.ac.in
- 7. Will the university provide study material?
Yes. University will provide study material to students. Study material in form of printed ‘Self Study Material’ will provide extensive content covering the syllabus of the program.
- 8. How will I get my Identity Card?
After completion of the application process and on admission being granted, the applicant shall be sent an e-mail along with the identity card. We recommend you to take a print out of the Identity card as the Identity card will be required for attending PCP sessions at the selected Study Center.
- 9. Is there any relaxations/fee waiver for reserved category students?
Special fee waiver on the Tution fee is available for specific category of students as per the table below:
Handicap as per %age of disability
Girl Child 15%
- 10. When are the exams conducted for Under-graduate and Post-graduate programs?
Semester end examinations will be conducted at the end of each semester. The exam schedule of the final examination will be communicated to the students through Study Center and/or on the website of the University. Generally examinations are held in the month of May and November.
- 11. Does Punjab Technical University provide placement assistance on completion of the Programs?
Punjab Technical University does provide placement assistance as programs offered by Punjab Technical University have a very high industry acceptance.
- 12. Is there any Alumni association of the University? If yes, how can one be a part of it?
Yes there is an active Alumni association of the University. In order to know more and become a member please visit http://alumni.ptu.ac.in/
- 13. Where can I purchase the prospectus?
The prospectus will be readily available at the Registration Center against a payment of INR 100 and can also be downloaded from our website.
- 14. Can I speak to an admission counselor or get personalized counseling?
In order to avail counseling services for your admission and course queries, you can visit the selected Registration Center
- 15. Is it mandatory for me to visit the Registration Center during the Registration Process?
Yes, it is mandatory for the student to visit the Registration Center during the Registration process as the documents and photograph needs to be verified by the center, without which, the admission process will not be completed.
- 16. How can I get the User ID and Password to login to the website?
After the completion of the registration form, the User ID and Password will be sent to the student’s specified Email ID, using which he/she can login to the website.
- 17. Can I choose my Registration Center and Study Center? How many Study Centers are there under EDvantage?
Yes. Student can select their choice of Registration Center and Study Center at the time of filling the Application Form. Foe the complete list of available RC and SC please check on the website.
- 18. Do I need to go through any entrance examination to take admission under EDvantage?
No. However, the eligibility criteria mentioned for each program needs to be fulfilled in order to take admission.
- 19. Can students from outside Punjab apply for the courses under Distance Education?
All authorized Registration Centers and Study Centers are located in Punjab. Also, the necessary examinations will be held in Punjab itself. The student needs to attend the PCP and the exams at these centers in Punjab.
- 20. What are the different modes of payment available in order to pay the fees? Can I pay my fees at the Registration Centers?
Payment of fee can only be done through Online mode like Net Banking, Debit Card and Credit Card. If the mode is inaccessible, the applicant can get in touch with the Registration Center which would help him/her to initiate the transaction through Online mode. *Payment made in any other form will be at student’s own risk and PTU shall not be responsible for any claims*
- 21. I don’t know how to apply Online. Can someone help me with the Online application process?
In case you are not equipped to handle the Online process, you can visit the nearest Registration Center which would help you with the complete Application Process.
- 22. What all documents do I need to carry to the Registration Center?
Students need to visit the selected Registration Center along with the original and self attested copies of the following documents:
- Education Qualification Certification
- Class/Caste/Tribe Certificates
- Disability Certificates
- Defence Category Certificates
- One Passport Size Photograph
- 23. Who is the right authority to contact in case of queries?
- For all non-academic matters, you can contact your selected Registration Center.
- For all academic matters, you can contact your selected Study Center.
- For any other information/queries, feel free to contact us at 1800-266-2501 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 24. Can I change my Registration Center during the tenure of the program?
Change of Registration Center is not permissible mid-session. It can be changed only at the end of semester.
- 25. Can I change my Study Center during the tenure of the program?
Study Center migration is allowed but only to other cities in case of situations like transfer of job, medical grounds, etc, and subject to approval of the University. Only one migration opportunity per semester will be allowed to the student.
- 26. Will my fees be refunded if I don’t take admission after application process?
No fee refunds are permissible for students who have been granted admission. Also, if at any stage, the documents submitted by the student are found to be incorrect and/or the student is found to be ineligible for the program in which the admission may have been granted, the admission shall stand cancelled. In such a case, the fee and any other charges paid by the student would be forfeited and no refunds would be permissible.
- 27. What if I don’t receive my User ID and Password after Registration?
In such a situation, feel free to contact us at 1800-266-2501 or write to us at email@example.com